Tuesday, November 11, 2014

K-drama!!!

What do I love about K-drama?  There is lots of cheesy romance~the kind that makes my husband shake his head at "every romantic cliche there is" with the crying in the rain and riding bicycles on the beach...  I also love that they are a bit more innocent though and are not very hot-and-heavy.  Don't be fooled though~there are some great action dramas, and the medical shows do show much more of the "actual operation" than American TV!

The first K-drama I watched was "Grand Chef" (AKA "Gourmet") on our local MHz channel Thursday nights.  I was HOOKED!  Sadly, MHz is not currently airing any K-dramas.  :(  I highly recommend Australia's East West 101 though!  :)

My very favorite K-drama to date stands firm, Jewel in the Palace, and I'm so excited to see that a sequel is scheduled for 2015!  
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPc5Q7Ys5KGjOqCBeXEXcSk0Pd2AQHSLyX5KX8crN70kFgOw5_OA
I struggled recently in finding what to watch next~whenever a drama ends it is hard to let go and then change gears for another~LOL!  I did finally find my fit and am currently watching Emergency Couple at dramafever.com.  It's light and funny and perfect for the season I'm in now.  I thought I would share my top favorites with you in case you happen to dabble in K-drama.  I warn you that it's addictive!!!

1.)  JEWEL IN THE PALACE!  :)
2.)  The action-packed City Hunter.
I DON'T KNOW THAT THE REST ARE IN ANY KIND OF ORDER!
3.)  Boys Over Flowers
4.)  Dong Yi
5.)  Secret Garden
6.)  Tree With Deep Roots
7.)  Goddess of Fire
8.)  Moon That Embraces the Sun
9.)  Iljimae~both series
10.)  Grand Chef (there are many versions~I'm particular to one!)
11.)  Jumong
12.)  Cheongdamdong Alice
13.)  Level 7 Civil Servant
14.)  Rooftop Prince and Queen In Hyun's Man
15.  I did like the "season" ones:  Spring Waltz, etc.

The movie "Castaway on the Moon" and "Runway Cop".

I CAN'T STOP!  LOL!  If you happen to get hooked, you'll hafta come back and tell me all about it!  

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of k-drama but sure sounds like something I should avoid or something my husband should avoid watching with me! I'm Queen of the Eyeroll, a complete pain in the butt whenever I spot a director's cliche/cheesiness, can't stand it! Perhaps we could swap husbands on film nights haha!!

    ReplyDelete